Emotions have potent power.
Whether you label them as “positive” emotions or “negative” ones, they are there for a reason.
Most people (including myself) tend to suppress or repress the so-called “negative” emotions over the years, and reject to acknowledge that they are indeed part of who we are as human beings.
We are not robots nor saints; Even the more “enlightened” ones among us would experience the darker, shadow side of us like Anger, Jealousy, Pride, Lust, Greed, Disgust, and Laziness.
Let’s admit it. WE ALL HAVE THEM.
In the human civilisation process, the society (and religions) define what are acceptable behaviours and what not, make rules on them and educate us to behave ourselves by installing guilt and shame on certain behaviours.
Eventually, even having a thought like that make us feel sinful. Like we are no longer “pure and true”. Therefore we self-sabotage when they show up.
But if we cannot love who we truly are 100% unconditionally, how can we expect someone else to do the same?!
That’s why I dedicate this month to RAW AUTHENTICITY.
Deep, deep down in the recesses of my psyche, what do I long to experience in this life?
If there was no judgment on my truths or my longings, what would I create for myself? How would I live my life?
What is my DEEPEST, truest truth?
In our waking lives, we are constantly in internal struggles.
Like logically we know we shouldn’t be procrastinating, but our actions speak louder than words.
It’s not really that you are lazy – When we utilise our finite energy to fight and suppress these hidden, secret desires of us, that depletes our energy in achieving our dreams, and distracted us from doing things that are more meaningful and fulfilling.
It is like a country that is constantly on civil wars – economic crashes, ruins are everywhere, and people suffer.
Then, is there a way to transmute these emotional power into something useful?
- Anger over injustice >>> As your fuel to fight against the bully
- Jealousy when someone else got what you desire and you’ve been thinking,” Why not me?!” >>> To inspire you that you can also do the same!
- Disgust on people who are noisy, talk fluff and waste their time spreading gossips >>> As a reminder for you to speak up, own your voice, and share your wisdom with others.
- Pride when you consider yourself as more successful than others >>> Celebrating success is necessary, and that boosts your confidence
- Lust, hunger for beautiful, luxurious things, experiences and people >>> Surrounding ourselves with beauty, and indulging ourselves in joyful experiences is a form of self-care, and motivation for us to create an abundant life
- Greed and laziness when you want to have it all, without moving an inch away from your sofa while watching Netflix >>> If you can find a smarter way so that you can become lazy, that’s great!
It’s time to integrate these shadow parts of your being, so you can EMBODY YOUR TRUTH in a holistic way.
This month I’ve created a GUIDED CREATIVE VISUALISATION to help you dive into your subconscious mind, and treasure-hunt for what untapped power you are hiding!
Spend 10 minutes on this fun visualisation exercise, and then I’ll explain how you can decode what you’ve found……